Thursday, February 17, 2011

Turfgrass Management: Weird?

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that my degree, Turfgrass Management, should be listed as one the "Weird-but-True College degrees."

Check out the link to CareerBuilder.com's article: http://msn.careerbuilder.com/Article/MSN-2504-College-Internships-First-Jobs-Weird-but-true-College-degrees/

I get the same quizzical looks when I answer "What do you get a degree in to be a Golf Course Superintendent?" as when I tell people I do beekeeping as a hobby. Oddly enough, my alma mater, Cal Poly - SLO, offers the Viticulture major as well. For what it's worth, I'd highly recommend either major, and the school, for anyone interested in either field. Who knew you could major in two things most people would consider an enjoyable hobby?! Yet another reason I love my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment